AS OF JUNE 9, 2010 I Will have moved to blogging to ccsheffield.tumblr.com please follow my adventures there thanks for making do what you want cool but its now dead to me GO TO ccsheffield.tumblr.com, thanks xo cc

twit twit

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 2, 2008

    "tHE SARTORIALIST " just call me "bruiser"


    http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/

    THIS WHAT THE SARTORIALIST POSTED(my name is C.C. NOT CECE)

    I met CeCe (an aspiring singer) last week in LA while I was shooting a separate project.

    I loved her look and knew immediately I had to shoot her. We did a few shots on Hollywood Blvd which came out very nicely.

    On our walk back CeCe spotted Spiderman and said "I want my picture taken with him!"

    Actually when we first spotted Spidey he wasn't wearing his mask and he was sitting on his luggage looking like a Marvel comic drawn by Diane Arbus.

    Afterwards I kicked myself for not taking the shot of him sitting alone and looking so forlorn but the scene was too depressing for me to start the whole process of taking a portrait.
    posted by The Sartorialist at 7:49 AM 116 comments

    THESE ARE MY FAVORITE COMMENTS THAT PEOPLE POSTED ABOUT ME: MY OUTFIT

    Anonymous said...
    great shoes but not with that dress. those are for dries van noten autumn clothes.

    her shins are so completely bruised, she looks like nancy spungeon from the knee down.

    i too would have preferred the arbus-esque portrait of spidey.

    3:48 PM


    Emz said...
    I like the striped fabric of her clothes, and I like her shoes. I like her 'attitude' too (though who doesn't play up for the camera these days?) And she has an interesting face.

    However, in my humble opinion, the bruises on her legs seriously detract from the positives. They make her look unhealthy. Perhaps it makes a bit of a talking point though? When random people come up and ask how she got the bruises, she could make up some cool story about fighting stealth ninjas in her sleep, or something.

    2:29 AM

    sanecommunications said...
    love the bruises and cuts on her shins ... separates her from being presumed a model ... as she is very beautiful ... you know this means that she lives life and isnt wrapped in cotton wool ...

    go cece

    steve

    3:33 AM

    charmschool said...
    I think the shoes contribute to an interesting 'vintage' vibe, vintage as in 1890s. Upon first glance at the picture I noticed the way in which she is wearing her hair, the long-legged jumpsuit (reminiscent of a onepiece wool bathingsuit shape) and the old-schoolyness of the shoes.
    Of course upon closer inspection the henna'd hands, towering heel and ethnic stripes clarify that it isn't a vintage get-up. Which all contrasts beautifully with spidey.

    6:38 AM
    Anonymous said...
    The harshness of the black shoes makes the bruises on her legs show up more. This is why women used to wear pantyhose, to hide such defects. Also, the black shoes, while very cool on their own, don't seem to go with the sporty, sherbert-colored jumpsuit.
    I love getting my hands and feet hennaed. It's such a calming experience.

    9:33 AM
    Anonymous said...
    i like her bruises. it shows that she's not afraid to get hurt while singing (probably) lovely and dramatic verse. she is an artist and doesn't conform to fashion dos and don'ts. she looks great..so does spidey there - protecting her no doubt. nice.

    2:00 PM
    monique said...
    Love the picture. Spidey looks like he got caught off guard. He's out of spidey webs or something. He should be smoking a cig, he'd look cooler.

    As for Ce Ce. What a pretty girl. I absolutely hate her clothes, head to toe. Fortunately for her she's too cute for most folks to care that she's dressed like a circus act who just fell out of bed.

    Why do people think that 'cause it's Los Angeles ANYTHING goes? She's probably not even from L.A. just moved here so that she can walk around in her jammies and no one would care.

    Come on.

    10:01 PM
    Anonymous said...
    I agree with ‘Anonymous’ (above): this photo is genius. The mirrored pose, the one-suit outfits, subtle color matches, the eyes...just brilliant. Works on so many levels, not least because of the background story. Wonderful. A real classic and an unforgettable image.
    Many congratulations!

    10:40 AM



    MY FAVORITE COMMENT OF ALL TIME BECAUSE ITS TRUE AND I WONDER WHAT OTHER MARINA DWELLER POSTED THIS

    Anonymous said...
    Amazing! I wonder she's the same stunner I see prancing down the gangplank at the marina. Coltish walk & haughty sneer, living on a borrowed yacht.

    2:07 PM

    AddThis

    Bookmark and Share

    Blog Archive

    Followers